If you’re a professional writer with an idea for a Sex in the Suburbs essay, I want to hear from you. I’m looking for pieces that are personal, frank, edgy, poignant, humorous, and any or all of the above. In general, I don’t want pieces about married couples resolving a difference such that everyone is happy in the end. I think it’s wonderful if you have a great marriage; I just don’t find that interesting to read about. I’m also not interested in pornography, but pitch me if you have an idea that you’re not sure about and we’ll decide what it is. Please don’t send me anything that’s clearly porn.
A few things:
- Pitches only; no submissions. (Full submissions will be deleted unread.) Send as many pitches as you’d like, with multiples in the same e-mail. Please send a writing sample with your pitch. You can send your credentials, too, but I care more about the sample than your credentials.
- Be sure to read some of my Sex in the Suburbs essays before you pitch.
- At present, there is no payment for published pieces; however I do hope to pay writers in the future and will happily work with you again if things go well.
- Your piece will be published bylined, not bylined, or pseudonymed—your choice.
- Realize that not every idea is unique; if you’ve pitched something I’ve rejected and you later see an essay on a similar topic, realize that great minds often think alike.
Click here to pitch me. I’m looking forward to working with clever, talented, and insightful writers!