Welcome to The BetsyG-Spot.
Every Monday, The BetsyG-Spot features essays on a subject I know well: love, life, and sex in the suburbs. As a divorced mom who’s splashed about in the dating pool for 15 years before and 8 years after my marriage, I have a thing or two to say.
And, because I find a few things interesting besides sex, on “Wheel of Fortune Wednesdays” I’ll cover other topics, such as:
- Weird things that happen, from bizarre to downright freaky
- Mind and body, about anything from diet pills to happy pills
- Getting on, or the struggle against growing up (never old)
- Writing, reflections on the process and other aspects of my other passion
- Wildcard!, which gives me permission to be totally random
To keep things lively (and because I wonder if I can really write about my love life 52 weeks a year), I’m inviting other writers to submit their work for the Monday and Wednesday columns. (See the Submissions page for details.) So you’ll have the opportunity to hear another viewpoint, always by way of high-quality, professionally written and edited essays.
Fridays are weekly wrap-ups and other random thoughts, and, on a good week, reader stories. I love to hear fro you and hear your stories about your love life, dating life, or your views on relationships.
Subscribe (it’s free—subscribing just means you’ll be notified about new content by whatever feed reader you choose to use, or by e-mail), contribute, and come back often.